Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Help with the Elf

So are you just about out of ideas for the Elf in your life as I am??  Do you wake up at 2:00 a.m. in a panic trying to remember if you moved the Elf from his previous spot?  Do you find yourself constantly writing down ideas, when they come to you, on where to put the dag thing next? 
If you have answered yes to most of these questions than welcome to my online "This Little Dude is Killing Me" support group.  You are in good company here.  I  have been doing Elf on the shelf with my two boys (4 and 5) for two years now and let me just say....  I am running out of ideas.  I used to fancy myself a creative buff, until this little guy (we call him Elfie) came along.  Now I find myself standing in the middle of my living room at God awful hours trying to figure out where to put him next.  And now that my oldest son is in Kindergarten, he has become even more inquisitive:
"But HOW does he fly, he doesn't have wings?"
"He has special Elf magic that helps him fly."
"But How?"
"That is just how he was created, with special Christmas magic."
"But..."
"HERE ,EAT A COOKIE AND NO MORE QUESTIONS!!!!"

See, now you know why I need a support group.  So I stumbled across this cool article that gives great ideas on what to do with the Elf on the Shelf, including a awesome creative idea with toilet paper.  Now that is my kind of silly. 
Thanks to the Blog "Complicated Mama"  for the tips.  Enjoy and hope this helps during this very busy, stressful yet fun time.

http://www.complicatedmama.com/return-of-elf-on-shelf-25-creative-ideas-to-hide-elf/


1 comment:

  1. oh my word, I am totally with you on this! This is our 6th christmas with our elf and I am kind of over it. :) Part of me is waiting for the day I no longer have to remember to move Foddle each night. Or like you, wake up in a panic because I've forgotten!
    Those ideas she posted are very creative, but I don't create more work for myself than absolutely necessary. I just move him around, visiting just about every room in the house, and trying to keep him out of reach (mostly so the cats don't knock him over). The best thing I did with our elf was to cut apart his hands and then sew on velcro. That way I can hang him from things that he wouldn't otherwise be able to hang from. :)

    ReplyDelete