Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cheers Chatter Family.

Happy Holidays!!! It is a great time to re-introduce Lakeside Chatter.  Like everything else in life, all new things take some tweaking and adjusting, and while I can’t promise there won't be any new changes in the future I can promise Lakeside Chatters mission:  To inspire, motivate and provide a joyful resource for Moms and families in our community.

I started this site back in the summer with a small vision.  Write and highlight about local area happenings and events from a Mom's point of view.  I had news sources feeding into the site as well as things like the weather, traffic and a couple of cool features that made the site look "official."  It was cool and I enjoyed it for awhile However I felt what was lacking the most was what I was trying to achieve all along.  I felt disconnected from a site I created. I felt lost…

Then somewhere along the way Lakeside Chatter took on a life of its own.  In doing some research from one of the many stories we featured I learned how many wonderful folks out there are in the same position I was in not too long ago.  They had a mission, or a project, a calling if you will. A dream idea that could be turned into a professional career. These stories and many more is what I found drove me to type faster to learn more about and to share with as many people as I could.  The idea that if you dream big, amazing things can and will happen.  Sort of an old fashion philosophy for a website, but one I feel is most important in our world today.  I tell my kids every day if they work hard and believe in themselves they can be or do anything.  How so very lucky I am, to live in a community, where I see people doing this every day.
So enjoy what the Chatter has now become and please feel free to leave me your comments and ideas.  I will try not to change things around too much, but if you see new updates, please bare with me. I can’t do this without you.  Happy Holidays to each and every one of you and thank you for staying with me on this amazing journey of chatting through life one heartfelt moment at a time.

Mary Ickert
Editor, Writer, Chatter Extraordinaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment